The Guernsey Museum at Candie
Candie Gardens, St Peter Port, GY1 1UG
Guernsey Museum houses permanent exhibitions showing the Archaeology of Guernsey, Treasures from around the world held in their collection and the Folklore of Guernsey with an Art Gallery showing 200 works of art displayed ingeniously using pull-out drawers to make the best use of a small space. These are running alongside temporary exhibitions that change throughout the year and the Discovery Room for families housing a Cabinet of Curiosities, old-fashioned games to play and the very popular Timewarp that changes each year.
There is also a public art space run by the Arts Commission which shows a rolling programme of local art displays, a café and a gift shop, all housed within the restored Victorian Candie Gardens where you can enjoy fantastic views over the harbour and see the statues of Victor Hugo & Queen Victoria.
Adults - £6.50
Accompanied children under 7 - FREE
Children 7+ and students - £2.00
Daily 10.00-17.00 from Friday 2 April 2021
(We close at 16.00 during the winter)
Facilities & Amenities
- Gift Shop
- Licenced Cafe
- Outdoor seating available
- Open 9.00 - when the Museum closes (last orders 15.30)
- Vegetarian options available
- Gluten-free options available
- Free band concerts every Sunday afternoon at 3pm. (May-September)
- On bus routes - (5 minute walk from bus stops) 31, 41, 42, 61, 71, 81
- Parking available - Monument Gardens ('the Odeon' - 5 mins walk) and Beau Sejour (5 mins walk)
- Holders of disabled permits may park in the grounds (arrange this call 01481 726518).
- Disabled toilet available
- Baby change facilities available
- Venue available to hire
Contacts & Social Media